8.07.2006

Fashionably Frugal is born.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! After a few hours of discussion with peers and very limited research, I've decided to give this "style on a budget" blog a try.

Purpose: The purpose of this blog is simple - to help people look good without spending a lot.

It's true that there are 239480751 other sources on this out there but I've found that many of them offer suggestions that are either a) still out of my price range or b) ugly. I can't guarantee that you won't think some of my recommendations are ugly but at least I'll like them. :)

The Look: I'm not an extremely trendy nightclubber so you might want to move on if that's what you're looking for. I tend to build my wardrobe around basic pieces that can be used in multiple outfits over several seasons.

The Plan: 1) Try to replicate stylish, expensive outfits in a way that is reasonably affordable and accessible to the average person. 2) Post trendy items with high price tags and show you where to find similar items for less. 3) Give tips for assembling outfits. 4) Try to cover some inexpensive looks for special events. 5) List any bargain or hot items that I see in my weekly forays around town and on the internet. 6) Perhaps throw in a few other random budget-wise suggestions for other aspects of life (interior decorating, exercise, grocery shopping, whatever). 7) Probably also shoot from the hip and see where it goes.

For now, I'm going to focus on women's fashion. I may add men's fashion tips later. I may also decide to offer my services to anyone who needs or wants a personal shopper whether it be locally or long-distance. If this thing actually works out, I might set up a mailing list and send out an e-newsletter as well.

About Me: I am a 24 year-old female with a low budget but moderately expensive taste. I don't claim to be awesome or even excellent at being fashionable but I'm somewhat picky and good at shopping on a budget. I thought my tips might be helpful to others who know what they want but don't know how to get it without breaking the bank.

I'm going to do this in a way that is similar to a popular celebrity gossip site I frequent and just keep a running blog of my recommendations.

I definitely want feedback on this. Please contact me if you have any input at all, whether it be good, bad, or bizarre. I want all of it and am always open to suggestions.

Thanks for reading and happy shopping!

-Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home