9.11.2006

Fashion Tip

Here's a tip that I came across in a magazine the other day. I felt it absolutely worth mentioning:

"Employ the secret that draws the I-can't-quite-put-my-finger-on-it-but-you-look-great comments about every It Girl: Get your outfit tailored. That's what celebs do--and you can too. 'No one is a perfect size 4 or 8,' says Hollywood stylist Jeanne Yang. 'When I'm dressing the stars, every piece of clothing requires some tailoring in order for them to look really fabulous.' Don't think the dress has to be Prada either to be worthy of special attention from a tailor. Even that supercheap dress from H&M can be taken in at the waist or let out at the hips, and it could end up looking like an $800 designer number, says Yang." - Cosmopolitan Style & Beauty, summer/fall 2006

This is so true. I bought a dress for a wedding several months ago for something like $40, down from $70 I think? I spent $15, half of what I saved by buying it on sale, to get it hemmed since I'm not tall, and taken in since I was between sizes. It was so worth it. The dress fit noticeably better, made me feel great, and was eye-catching in my opinion. :) Another great thing about this is that it's ready for future events now! All I have to do is add jewelry and I'm ready to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

This is one of the greatest blogs ever. I absolutely love how you show amazing pricey items and the equally amazing cheaper alternatives. Keep up the great work. I'll definitely come back again.

9/12/2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thank you! That made my day.

Btw, my mother used to teach first, second, and third grades. Second was always her favorite. She said it was because the kids were old enough to have independence and a sense of humor but still young enough to want to obey her. Ha. Good luck!

9/13/2006 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home